Wednesday, March 29, 2006




Okay.It’s no secret that since the death of Johnny Cash, everybody and their brother is going out of their way to claim how much they “looooove” Johnny Cash. And everybody probably already knows that if you want to aim for “the coolest” you lay claim to having ALWAYS loved Johnny Cash.. “you know! For-EVER, I have liked him for like E-Verrr.” I have watched some very respectable people turn into that thirteen year old kid who on the day after Christmas when three other kids showed up in a pair of Vans, sat there explaining ‘till they were blue in the face the intricate details of how far back their knowledge/dedication/loyalty to the art of skateboarding went.
However, it is late here, everybody is thinking of sleep, and we have just finished watching Walk the Line. So, I feel that something must be said. Over the past couple of years with the surge of Johnny Cash Memorials, Awards, Honors, and Tributes it has become the most obvious thing in the world to Everyone and Anybody that Johnny Cash is not only the Man in Black but he is absolutely and completely THE MAN of ALL MUSIC of ALL TIME.
Perhaps the frustration here is not that everybody else is saying it too, but that ,..well.. that everybody else is saying it too.
And yet,…. after we sat through Walk the Line for the second time tonight we thought that we should add our little bit to the grand echoing chorus, regardless of how many times we have heard it this year (or last, or the one before) or how many times we will inevitably hear it again and again. The truth is Johnny Cash can Bring it. Big Time. And so,.. here it goes…“I love Johnny Cash most!! I do ! I do! The first, the last, the least the most! I do! I do ! It’s true! I do!”

And we do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home